• Set up and development of new brands of tea for the international market.
• Tea estate and international tea tourism development.
• Small-scale tea factory set up, equipment sourcing, training and development.
• Tea field establishment, management, renewal and planting.
• Development of new artisanal hand-made and small scale teas for the speciality tea market.
• Tea making training production procedures, hygeine and quality control management.
• Development of Tea Tours and Tea Experiences.
• AMBA ESTATE - 4 years tea estate management, development of new artisanal speciality teas for the international market, staff training and international tea tourism development. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ox44UL8Wf0c
• TEACRAFT Ltd. – 2 years – International Associate Consultancy work for clients including The Great Mississippi Tea co. http://teacraft.com/2015/12/14/teacraft-tea-awards-success/
• TEA GARDENS OF SCOTLAND, UK – 2 years of ongoing consultancy work to date https://teagardensofscotland.co.uk/
PETERSTON TEA ESTATE, UK https://m.facebook.com/peterstontea/
• MONKEY-TAIL TEAS, Gammaduwa Bungalow, Sri Lanka - 2 years developing a new brand of black and green teas, sourcing equipment, setting up a micro factory, setting up production systems and procedures and training staff.
• DONYI POLO ESTATE – Assam India – short term consultancy to look at speciality tea production.
• THE SCOTTISH TEA FACTORY, UK - Owner and development of purpose built Scottish Tea Factory, equipment sourcing, set up and development of new Scottish grown teas for growers in Scotland. Speciality tea courses and training in tea making, blending and tasting. https://scottishteafactory.co.uk
• INDEPENDENT SCOTTISH GROWERS – various short term consultancy projects - The Isle of Arran Tea Co, Buittle Tea Garden and several more.
* Mogok Tea, Myanmar - Design and set up of micro tea factory. Development of several new teas. Staff training and marketing. https://www.mogoktea.co.uk/
Please contact us for further information about tea consultancy services and rates.
Membership is designed for Scottish tea growers. You can become a member of the Scottish Tea Factory to have access to tea processing facilities, discounts on courses and Consultancy services.
Membership fees are paid annually by 1st April.
Contact us for full details:
LEAF ANALYSIS - If you are a tea grower who wants to develop a new tea we can conduct experiments to work out the best processing methods to suit your leaf and terroir.
TEA MAKING - Rather than investing in your own equipment, have your tea made in the factory which is set up as a food processing facility.
TEA LEARNING - Learn about tea making, tea tasting and tea history on one of our accredited courses
Donald Fraser - The Basics of Artisan Black Tea Making - MASTERCLASS
I attended Beverly’s first course in the new Scottish Tea Factory, on the subject of making Black Tea. Anyone with a computer and access to Google can discover the stages to making tea, but Beverly puts the ‘flesh on the bones’. How long? What temperature? Is the humidity important? The equipment you will need is discussed, along with food hygiene, record keeping, traceability and the variables and parameters that you can change to create your own individual product. But the course is not just theoretical; we made our own tea, hand rolling, timing and checking (with Bev’s very close guidance!), each process through to the final drying and tasting of a genuine, single estate, Scottish Tea. As if that wasn’t enough, whilst we were waiting for our tea to oxidise and dry, we were given a practical tea tasting class as well. Six teas from around the globe were studied, ‘cupped’ and recorded to complete what was a very full day, giving us a vast armoury of new knowledge to try out on our own unsuspecting leaves.
The course includes a full set of course notes for future reference, many other useful documents such as templates for record keeping etc..
I thoroughly commend it!